Friday 23 December 2011

seconded entry a start to somewhere

Photobucket

This is one of of my works in its early development. It is a drawing that combines eastern animation with western to create a mixed hybrid of the two.
The idea came to me after I went to an anime convention at Warwick university where there were a lot of cos-players (people who dress up in costume of a character they want to portray). One court my eye, a guy dress in a spiderman outfit, and wearing a cloak seen and wore by certain characters in the anime Naruto.

This got me thinking how we see ourselves in the eyes of someone else. The power of gaze is a force to be reckoned with, and through my work I am trying to explore how i can use this to make my own, personal, visual language.



No comments:

Post a Comment